Becoming a member of the MBA allows you to be part of a marine biological community dedicated to the aims of the Association. There are a number of membership categories available and becoming a member gives you access to a wide range of exclusive benefits.
- Professional: a member with at least a degree level qualification in an appropriate discipline or equivalent professional standing and granted use of the post-nominal Mem.MBA
- Associate: any member with an interest in marine biology or the marine environment but who is not necessarily a professional Marine Biologist. They receive the same benefits as a Professional Member other than the use of the post-nominal.
- MBA Fellow: senior practitioners in marine biology as recognised by the Association. Further details and how to apply can be found here.
- Student Member: those in higher education (full or part-time) studying for a degree level qualification or higher (e.g. BSc, MRes, PhD).
- Young Marine Biologist: For younger individuals such as those studying in school or college (e.g. Primary or Secondary Schools, GCSEs and AS-Levels).
- Institutional Member: organisations interested in or associated with marine biology (formerly known as ‘Corporate Membership’).
Selection of Member Benefits
- The MBA welcomes new members from all backgrounds from those employed in marine biological research to marine enthusiasts
- Be part of a world-wide network of marine biologists
- Access to the National Marine Biological Library (http://www.nmbl.org)
- Membership gives exclusive access to grants and bursaries
- Keep up-to-date with research through news alerts on meetings and scientific talks
- Enjoy discounts on books from leading publishers
- Enjoy discounts for training courses and conferences
- 10% discount with Trespass
Joining the Association
If you are interested in joining the MBA, simply fill in the online form or contact the Membership Secretary Alexandra Street at:
The Marine Biological Association
Citadel Hill, Plymouth, Devon, PL1 2PB, UK
telephone 01752 426347