Membership is available to all students* registered in full time University education, including PhD studies.
*Young people below the age of 18 wishing to join the Association should apply for Young Marine Biologist Membership.
Student Membership £25.00 with add-on option for Journal subscription.
- Welcome pack for members
- Significant membership discounts for training courses and conferences
- Twice-yearly copy of The Marine Biologist magazine.
- MBA Annual Report
- Access to the National Marine Biological Library (http://www.nmbl.org)
- 20% discounts with major publishers including Cambridge University Press, Wild Nature Press and the Eurospan Group.
- Significantly reduced subscription to the MBA Journal which also includes free access to the Marine Biodiversity Records
- Online access to the entire archive (1887 – 1999) for journal subscribers
- Reduced fees for courses at the MBA and for conferences (where the MBA is organiser or sponsor). View details
- Can apply for bursaries
- Hire the MBA’s Resource Centre at reduced rates
- Regular MBA publications including MBA Annual Report
- Networking opportunities via attendance at the AGM and science meetings
- Career development opportunities including information on marine biology related jobs
- Regular email notifications of courses, events and job vacancies
- Opportunity to attend and contribute to seminars
- Opportunity to influence the activities and policy of the Association through attendance at AGMs
- Opportunity to influence Marine Policy at the UK level and beyond
How to join
For more details please contact
The Marine Biological Association Citadel Hill, Plymouth, Devon, PL1 2PB, UK
or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org